The dry and cold winter can be very damaging to your hair. Hair easily becomes dry during this time of year from the dry indoor heating and the dry cold weather outside. Proper preventative steps need to be taken during this seasons to ensure that your hair does not get damaged.Winter Hair Care Tips
- Wear a scarf, hat or cap to protect your hair from the cold and wind, but make sure that it's not so tight that it will restrict circulation in your scalp.
- Use a conditioner daily.
- Once you have your hair moist, lock in the moisture by running your hair through cold water, this will also give your hair an extra shine.
- Don't go outside with your hair wet, you risk breakage; your hair will freeze if it's cold enough outside and may break.
- Limit your use of "hot" items on your hair such as a blow dryers and curling irons.
- If you need to use a "hot" item use a leave in conditioner before using the item on your hair.
- Avoid taking hot showers or washing your hair in hot water, use warm or cool water instead, the heat can dry out and/or damage your hair and skin.
- Hair products that have the word, "Replenish" on it is made to moistureize your hair.
- Try using a dry shampoo if you need to wash out your hair, one dry shampoo you can use is baby powder, simply sprinkle some onto your hair and use a comb to comb it off.